A passport is required for travel to all countries, including Australia. If you are planning to travel and your passport is due to expire in less than a year, you may need to renew your passport. Some countries require a passport to be valid for at least six months beyond the date of entry to the country. You should also make sure you have at least one clear visa page in your passport for immigration stamps.
Tips for keeping your passport secure:
- Make a note of your passport number, take a photocopy of the personal details page, and keep this separately from the passport.
- keep your passport in a secure place
- don’t carry your passport in your pocket
- have an additional means of photo identification to carry with you
- never hand your passport over as a guarantee
If your passport is lost or stolen overseas, report it to the police and then contact the nearest New Zealand Embassy.
It is always important to check if you need any visas for countries you will be visiting and transiting through before you travel. If you don’t, then you may be refused boarding of your flight or worse, refused entry on arrival.
A visa is a permit granted by an Embassy to allow entry to a foreign country. Whether or not you require a visa is normally determined by 3 things:
- Your nationality
- How long you intend to stay in the foreign country
- Purpose of entry (e.g. tourism/business/study/ work etc)
Executive Travel works together with Travcour - The Travellers Visa & Passport specialists, to simplify this daunting process. Their Visa Processing Service includes:
- Thorough checking of the documentation to ensure the correct procedures of the relevant Embassies have been adhered to.
- Arranging payment to Embassy in the currency format required.
- Daily visits by Travcour staff to Embassies to lodge and collect applications.
- Monitoring of process of application at Embassies.
- Creating a priority list for all departures within 5 working days for closer attention.
- Thorough checking of the passport upon its return to ensure visa has been issued in accordance with the itinerary.
- Dispatching of passport by overnight DX Mail or courier delivery.
You can get more information on visas from your Executive Travel consultant - or you can check the requirements with the Embassies of those countries.